[creativ_pullleft colour=”light-gray” colour_custom=”” text=”Episode 084″]
Graybug interim CEO Jeff Cleland shares details on the company’s $44.5 million Series B. Cleland gives a report on investor appetite for ophthalmology companies. He also explains how the firm would use the capital to shift its approach from a drug delivery platform technology company to a drug maker.
Ten Top Topics in this OIS Podcast:
- How much did you raise and who are the new investors?
- Is there a strong investor appetite for ophthalmology companies?
- What’s changing at Graybug?
- How difficult is the shift from being a drug delivery company to a product company?
- How does you polymer formulation slow the release of drugs?
- What are you presenting at ARVO this week?
- What clinical trials are you planning?
- How are you recruiting patients for clinical trials?
- What is the origin of your chemical entities?
- How does this strategy shift impact your relationship with Aerie?
Jeffrey Cleland, PhD
Jeff has 20 years of industry experience in research and development, including more than a decade at Genentech, Inc. His experience in startups includes major roles in obtaining more than $450 million in capital at stages from Series A through D and exit via IPO including over $300 million in capital raised as CEO. As the founding CEO of Versartis (VSAR), he led one of top biotech IPOs of all time.