This week marks the official launch of the OIS Retina Podcast with host Firas Rahhal, MD, interviewing world-renowned retina specialist and serial inventor Mark Humayun, MD, PhD, as his first guest. Here are a few impressive facts about Dr. Humayun:
• He’s the director of the Dr. Allen and Charlotte Ginsburg Institute for Biomedical Therapeutics at the University of Southern California and co-director of the USC Roski Eye Institute.
• He’s a professor of ophthalmology and a biomedical engineer.
• He received numerous research awards, including the 2005 Innovator of the Year Award.
• He was featured as one of the Top 10 Inventors by Time magazine in 2013.
• In 2016 he received the National Medal of Technology and Innovation from President Barack Obama for his innovative work on the Argus retinal prosthesis.
• He was awarded the 2020 Medal for Innovations in Healthcare Technology by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
• He’s written over 200 publications and filed over 100 patents.
• He’s been consistently voted as One of the Top Doctors in the World.
• He was once a guest on the Howard Stern Show!
Listen in to hear how Dr. Rahhal compares to the King of All Media.