This week marks the official launch of the OIS Retina Podcast with host Firas Rahhal, MD, interviewing world-renowned retina specialist and serial inventor Mark Humayun, MD, PhD, as his first guest. Here are a few impressive facts about Dr. Humayun:
• He’s the director of the Dr. Allen and Charlotte Ginsburg Institute for Biomedical Therapeutics at the University of Southern California and co-director of the USC Roski Eye Institute.
• He’s a professor of ophthalmology and a biomedical engineer.
• He received numerous research awards, including the 2005 Innovator of the Year Award.
• He was featured as one of the Top 10 Inventors by Time magazine in 2013.
• In 2016 he received the National Medal of Technology and Innovation from President Barack Obama for his innovative work on the Argus retinal prosthesis.
• He was awarded the 2020 Medal for Innovations in Healthcare Technology by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
• He’s written over 200 publications and filed over 100 patents.
• He’s been consistently voted as One of the Top Doctors in the World.
• He was once a guest on the Howard Stern Show!
Listen in to hear how Dr. Rahhal compares to the King of All Media.
Meet Our New Host
Joining the company in 2019, to create and manage a new line of podcasts, publications, and other editorial products.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH OIS
Get the Latest News, Podcasts and Videos.