CHICAGO – The extensive, intensive public and private investment in the retinal space will fill the day next Thursday, July 25, at the OIS@ASRS meeting, to be held at the Ritz-Carlton here.
The 2019 program will cover late-breaking clinical data, corporate strategies, and financial insights from a dynamic mix of private and public companies and key opinion leaders. The agenda for the meeting can be found here. (Please see the agenda for links to media and press information, future OIS events, and advertising and sponsorship opportunities.) Research projects conducted by the Foundation Fighting Blindness, featured at last year’s OIS@ASRS meeting for the first time, will be detailed again at this year’s meeting with three companies that received research funding making presentations. OIS@ASRS is a satellite meeting of the American Society of Retinal Specialists (ASRS).
Key Company Presentations
Emmett T. Cunningham Jr., MD, PhD, MPH, senior managing director at Blackstone Life Sciences and OIS@ASRS co-chair, will kick off the 2019 meeting with his presentation, “Hot Topics in the Retina Space.” Mihir Mantri, managing director at Piper Jaffray, will present “A View of the Public Ophthalmic Markets.”
The day’s schedule includes the Innovation Company Showcase, featuring executives from 11 private companies, and the Public Company Showcase, which includes leaders from five public companies.
The OIS Innovator Award will be presented to Spark Therapeutics.
Panel Discussions on the Docket
A number of panel discussions are on the agenda. They include:
- “Financing Retinal Innovation,” to be moderated by Pravin Dugel, MD; participants include experts in capital and financing of medical/retinal ventures.
- A panel moderated by current ASRS president and OIS@ASRS co-chair John Pollack, MD, which will explore “Advancements in Genetic and Regenerative Therapies” after a presentation on the subject by Glenn Yiu, MD, an associate professor at the University of California, Davis.
- Three company presentations on “Retinal Drug Delivery Solutions” to be followed by a panel discussion among category experts.
- Presentations by executives of four companies involved with “Groundbreaking Developments in AI and Imaging,” followed by a panel discussion moderated by incoming ASRS president and OIS@ASRS co-chair Timothy G. Murray, MD, founding director and CEO of Miami Ocular Oncology and Retina.
- A final panel discussion, “Retinal Industry Leaders,” to be moderated by Dr. Cunningham.
A list of presenting companies for the 2019 OIS@ASRS can be found here.
For questions about this article, please contact Keith Croes at email@example.com.